Children’s Day is the perfect opportunity for the children of Brisbane and their families to experience Polish culture and traditions.
Held in the State Library of Queensland precinct, approximately 100 young performers of Polish heritage from around Australia and New Zealand will feature in a free variety concert throughout the day.
Children's day is supported by
Get your kids and come along to the Children’s Day at PolArt 2018 Brisbane. Staged within the State Library of Queensland precinct, it is an undercover and outdoor venue, with plenty of shady areas to keep cool on a summer’s day.
Members of the public together with our PolArt performers and families can walk around, participate, watch, sit, relax and listen as they please.
A food and break out area, with blankets and cushions, will be provided on the grass area alongside the venue.
This FREE event, running from 10am until 4pm, will feature:
- The Official PolArt 2018 Opening Ceremony
- Children’s Polish Folkloric Dance Group Performances
- Children’s Polish Vocal Group Performances
- Live music
- Polish Story telling
- Traditional Polish dance workshops
- Interpretative movement workshops
- Polish children’s films, played in a small cinema at the venue
- Craft activity stations, split into age appropriate clusters
- Food stalls, featuring International cuisine
- Children’s movement workshop sessions
- Coffee / drinks cart
- Folkloric gift stall
- PolArt 2018 merchandise stall
Dance groups from Australia and New Zealand will be performing at Children’s Day.